01. Who can participate?
All health care providers who want to offer their talents and knowledge are welcome. An individual who is not a health care provider cannot participate in the camp, but can join a team.
02. How to participate?
- Health care providers help the sick with medicine.
- Pastors witness the gospel of Jesus with the missionaries in the region.
- Photographers or media professionals can record the camp activities with pictures and movies.
- The young and talented can help with education and culture of the youth ministry.
- Other participants support general administrative works related to the camp activities. (Example: camp management, patient treatment guide, camp installations, food preparations, etc.)
- First, those sick in the mission field needing proper diagnosis and treatment
- Second, the young generation needing for health checkups and treatment
- Third, Korean missionaries and their families, and the Korean immigrants
- Fourth, the camp team members and their souls
1) Regular Healing Camp
- Every New Year or Thanksgiving holidays
- Vision Care project (the Prevention for the Blindness)
2) Occasional Healing Camp
- Small groups of medical teammates can visit villages without a doctor
- Medical teams visit upon the request of the regional missionaries
Healing Camp is held in Bethesda Medical Center, Uganda.
1) Bethesda Medical Center
- Centered in the Clinic, the camp serves missionary families, their community and Korean immigrants.
- The camp opens for complicated diagnosis and treatment related to surgery (plastic surgery), dentistry and ophthalmology and for teaching Ugandan medical teams about treatments and medical knowledge.
2) Villages without a doctor
- The camp visits villages without a doctor to help the sick needing proper diagnosis and treatment, supporting and co-working with the regional Korean missionaries.
- First, prayer
- Second, clear mission purpose and teammates
- Third, preparation for the needs of the mission field
- Fourth, vaccination (especially for Malaria)
- Fifth, co-working spirit between the camp team and the missionaries and humble mind